If you live in Edinburgh you probably know the annual Fringe Festival is on – for you that didn’t know, get yourself to Edinburgh asap.
My wonderful dad is over visiting enjoying the festive spirit, along with dining and wineing like a king. You can safely say I have been enjoying the meals out, the bottles of wine and proseccos. I haven’t even been to the gym since last Friday (!!), as there is so much to do, lack of energy and no time to go! However, the scale – not moved. Or maybe a few grams, but I assume that’s a bit of water retention.
So how do I eat all these gorgeous meals without gaining weight? Here are a few of my tricks:
- I do not eat if I’m not hungry. If dad is hungry and I’m only slightly hungry, I only eat a small light starter.
- I don’t eat breakfast – If I’m hungry I eat it of course, but if I’m not, I wait to eat until lunch time
- ALWAYS drink water with alcohol.
- Stick to wine, prosecco or gin. (No sugary cocktails!)
- Kefir, kefir, kefir!! Your gut needs all the help it can get when you are eating and drinking more than you normally would. I drink kefir every morning and throughout the day if I can. (I’ll write more about kefir in another blog post – just start drinking it!)
- Choose meals that are protein based – limit pasta, bread, and other heavy carbs.
- Eat a lot of fish and seafood. Low in calories and easier on the stomach!